"Our programs are designed with industry input to ensure industry relevance"
Aviation brings people together and is an exciting and growing industry. The Aviation industry is now in recovery after stagnated growth during 2009 due to the Global Financial Crisis and as demand for air travel increases, more pilots and aviation professionals will be required to facilitate this demand. The programs taught at UNSW Aviation are unique and of high quality.
UNSW and its Programs are distinctive:
- UNSW is ranked 46 in the QS World University rankings, and is in the top 100 World Universities averaged across the three major three World University Rankings.
- UNSW is the only University in Australia to deliver flying training under our own Air Operators Certificate (under Civil Aviation Safety Regulations Parts141/142)
- The training fleet, comprising Diamond DA40, Piper PA44 aeroplanes and Frasca, Pacific Simulators 4.5 and Aerosim Flat panel systems trainers are relatively new, and in excellent condition
- Flying Operations Unit Buildings are leased by UNSW and Instructors are employed by UNSW
- We only train students who are enrolled in our academic programs
- We have a high graduate employment rate
- The QantasLink partnership offers opportunities for later employment as First Officer (only for Australian Citizens and New Zealand Special Status Permanent Residents of Australia)
Programs that we offer are:
- Bachelor of Aviation (Flying) - a three year degree for high school leavers leading to a career as a professional pilot and pilot-manager
- Bachelor of Aviation (Management) - a three year degree for high school leavers leading to a career in aviation operational management
- A Graduate Diploma in Flying - a one year diploma leading to career as a professional pilot. Must be done concurrently with or after an aviation management degree
- Graduate Diploma in Advanced Flying - a one year diploma leading to career as an airline pilot. Applicants must already have a commercial pilot licence and instrument rating
- Postgraduate Coursework programs in Aviation Management - the Graduate Diploma in Aviation Management and the Master of Aviation Management are delivered by distance on a full or part time basis, and are undertaken by those with existing industry experience, seeking to expand their knowledge of the aviation industry industry.
- Air Transport Pilot Licence subject theory - for those pilots who seek to gain pass credits for all of the ATPL subject components.
You can get much more detail on any of these topics, as well as career information, by using the same drop down menu as for this topic