The Department of Aviation offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including flight training and research supervision from the main UNSW campus in Sydney and Bankstown Airport. The Department seeks a Flight Instructor to undertake flight training all levels, and associated ground instruction and briefings. The position will be based at Bankstown Airport.
Salary Level 4/5 (38 hrs): A$45K - A$56K per year (plus up to 17% employer superannuation plus leave loading).
This is a full time continuing position.
To deliver flight training and ground instruction to students enrolled in the UNSW Flight Training programs.
- Provide flight instruction at approved levels to UNSW flight training programs
- Provide ground instruction and briefings at all levels to UNSW flight training programs
- Perform administrative tasks as allocated by the Director of Flight Operations
- Perform administrative tasks associated with the flight training program as allocated by the Chief Flying Instructor
- Perform all training activities in accordance with CASA requirements
- Assist the CFI in developing documentation for both admin and syllabus needs
Ensure that CASA standards and audits are met or surpassed for all flight ops and training systems.
Bachelors Degree, Advanced flight qualifications, including CPL, Experience as Grade 2 instructor, CASA approval for PPL, CPL and CMIR training.
Essential Criteria at both Levels;
- Bachelors Degree in Aviation or other area relevant to flight training
- Qualified as Australian Grade 3 Flight Instructor, CASA approval for PPL, NVFR, and CPL flight training
- Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A knowledge of EEO/AA principles
- Knowledge of OHS responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant OHS training.
Desirable criteria at both Levels;
- Experience as an instructor, or training university students
- A knowledge of the aviation industry within Australia and internationally.
- Dangerous Goods and First Aid Certificates,
- Knowledge of office computer skills.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment.
Additonal Criteria at Level 5
- ATPL theory passed
- Qualified as Australian Grade 1 Flight Instructor, CASA approval for PPL, NVFR, ME and CPL flight training
- Minimum 750 hours total time; Minimum 200 hours ab-initio instructing; min 50 hours navigation instruction; NVFR Supervision approval
- Experience training university students
- Knowledge of the aviation industry within Australia and internationally
- Multi-Engine and IFR training approvals
Enquiries to Mr Patrick Watson, Director of Flight Operations, Department of Aviation, on telephone (61 2) 9791 9446, fax (61 2) 9791 9357 or email: email@example.com
Applications close 21 September 2006.
How To Apply