TTF Australia is offering an Internship for a 3rd or 4th year student studying Aviation. This internship is being offered for semester 1, 2006.
The position available is for a Policy Intern - Aviation, reporting to the National Manager - Aviation, Regulation, Research and Statistics.
- Solid understanding of Australia’s international and domestic aviation policies
- Knowledge of airport pricing and planning regulations
- A good understanding of policy development and advocacy
- Solid research background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills
- Good Administrative Skills
- Students must be in their third year or above majoring in transport or political science
Assisting with the development of aviation policy - TTF has an active Aviation unit which develops policies across a range of aviation issues including international air service agreements, aviation security, airport planning, impacts of low cost carriers and fees and charges on airline tickets. Knowledge of one or more of these issues would be an advantage.
Research - Applicants must demonstrate a solid research background particularly in air transport.
Stakeholder management - TTF represents all the major airlines and airports operating to and within Australia. It is essential that candidates have excellent stakeholder management capability to maintain the Aviation unit’s profile within the industry.
A three week or six working day probation period exists.
Selection process begins week beginning 20 February 2006. Duration of Internship period from 6 March until 14 July 2006 1 day per week for a total of 19 working days or 152 hours.
How To Apply
Email your CV with a one page expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Stephen Peoples on (02) 9240 2000 for further information.